Image

Image

Monday, September 28, 2015

Darlin' Don't You Ever Grow Up

I've been noticing lately how much Claire is starting to look more like a toddler. She's losing that baby roundness to her face. She now has a toothy grin instead of a gummy one. She's starting to communicate and get around in her own way. She's changing right before my eyes!

Oh, how I beat myself up for not cherishing the snuggles more. Now she won't fall asleep on me. She's too big and too busy. I just realized that I am no longer timing and keeping track of her feelings anymore. I don't have to! She's grown into this great schedule and it works for her, but a tiny part of me misses the spontaneity. I used to depend on my timer and couldn't go anywhere without it. Now, it's been 977 hours since it was last used. I wish I could add all the minutes I've spent nursing thus far.

We know each other now. She gets me and I get her. That is one thing that I'm looking forward to as she continues to grow; The friendship bond that we will have. I pray that she always knows I'm here for her, and that I am a good enough Christ like example for her as she grows up...because unfortunately, she has to.



(Newborn, 3m, 6m, and 9m)

No comments:

Post a Comment