Image

Image

Monday, December 21, 2015

The Eve of a First Birthday

My Claire,

Right now I'm rocking you, nursing you and putting you to sleep. It's your last night before you turn one. Your daddy keeps opening the door which makes you look around and call out for him. I don't mind. Your eyes are still wide open and you're rubbing my chest. Every so often you stop just to say something really quick, and then you go right back to eating. You snort while you eat and it's adorable. You just closed your eyes and you're drifting off... Everyone told me it would happen, but this year went by so fast!

On this night last year, we were sitting in room 26 at Willow Creek eating pizza with the Duffields. Contractions had started, but they weren't too bad. I loved watching them on the screen. After a horrible nights sleep, pitocin, 12 hours of labor and 2.12 hours of pushing, you were in my arms where you have been for the past 364 days.

I have loved every second of watching you grow (even the seconds I didn't like very much). I loved the faces and sounds you would make as a newborn. I loved figuring out what would get you to stop crying. I loved when your hematoma and weird belly button spot went away. I loved when you got over the Colic. I loved when you started smiling at us and finding your hands, feet and toys. I loved watching you try your hardest to roll, but it was just so hard getting that body all the way over. I loved when you started sleeping through the night. I loved taking you on trips and showing you off to family and friends. I loved your rolls, especially when you started sitting up and they were just overflowing. I loved seeing you learn to crawl, pull up and cruise. I loved the way your appearance changed when you got teeth and started slimming down. I love your poop face. I love your gap. I love how you laugh at and clap for your self. I love watching you with friends. I loved hearing your first words and watching you try to say others. I love watching you play with and figure out toys. I loved seeing your eyes light up at your first birthday party. I love your smile when you see me and daddy.

You are my miracle. My answered prayer. I'm very thankful that the lord gave me the desire of my heart. I pray that you learn to trust him with the desires of yours.

"The lord bless you and keep you. The lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."



No comments:

Post a Comment