Image

Image

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Abigail Jean Curtis: Second Trimester (story of her name)

15 weeks: 
- IT'S A GIRL!!!! She doesn't have a name just yet. 
- heart rate was good in the 130's, my blood pressure and weight were great and baby girl was a WILD WOMAN! 
- We had an election themed gender reveal on election night 2016
- Lyndsy stayed with us one night and we researched baby girl names for a loooooong time! After hearing them, saying them, and talking about them, we decided that the perfect name for our new girl is Abigail JeanAbigail is just a name that we love and think that it fits well with Claire. It's very traditional and timeless, but just enough "cute" to make it trendy. Jean was my Grannybug's name (Norma Jean) and we love the meaningfulness, the southern charm and the one syllable to go along with her longer first name. Andrew already loves calling her Abby Jean, I refer to her mostly as Abby and Claire says "Babby". We are obviously not against the nickname, but definitely want her to know her full name and introduce herself as "Abigail" allowing people to use the full name or the nickname. 

17 weeks: 11/19
- We had Claire's birthday party and started decorating for a Christmas! I wasn't quite as uncomfortable as I was decorating for Christmas 2014, but it still took some effort! It should be super fun to take down! I can't wait to get Abigail her own stocking. 
- Her kicks are very obvious, but not not very often. 
- I no longer wonder if I look pregnant, there's an obvious bump front and center. 
- I'm so thankful to wear maternity pants during this holiday season! 

18 weeks:
- Thanksgiving was delicious! 
- Chips and salsa are probably my biggest craving. 
- I'm having the craziest dreams and back to crying all the time. 

19 weeks: 
- At 19 weeks 3 days, she measured 2 days ahead and was 10 oz. The ultrasound tech said that she was such a wiggle worm. She wasn't able to get a good profile picture! 
- I'm not sleeping well. Having trouble falling asleep and then waking up multiple times during the night feeling like it's time to get the day started. 

20 weeks:
- She can be felt and seen kicking from the outside! 
- I felt hiccups for the first time. 

21 weeks: weight 137lbs 
- I find myself worrying about her every time I think of her. I get overwhelmed thinking "when's it going to be my turn for bad news" and I look for it around every corner.
- Had our second anatomy scan to get better measurements of her brain. Everything measured right on track at 21w5d! Her heart rate was  143 and she's up to 15oz!

22 weeks: 
- Merry Christmas, Abigail
- I felt her more than ever before on Christmas Eve! 

23 weeks:
- She kicks any time Claire sits in my lap. 

24 weeks:
- Several people have commented on how she has really "popped out". 
- very hungry!!!

25 weeks: 
- She doesn't like for her space to be crowded. If anything rests on my belly, she kicks and wiggles like crazy! 
- Had my glucose screening test. I drank the orange flavored drink, and again, didn't think it was bad at all! Baby girl got jumpy real fast. I saw Dr. Seale. 
  • weight at appointment was 143
   • 110/70 BP
  • 145 heart rate 

26 weeks: 
- I had a great night of rest after 4 very rough nights. 
- Overall, a tough week. I started having Braxton Hicks a couple of afternoons and evenings and it made living with a 2 year old difficult! 
- I can tell the difference between rolling/whole body movements and jabs with feet, hands or elbow. 

27 weeks: 
- a much better week as far as discomfort. 
- I got a cold/sinus infection and had trouble sleeping 
- finished with the 2nd trimester






No comments:

Post a Comment