Image

Image

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Abigail: Month 4

The month of no sleep.

She loves: blankets, paci (sometimes), talking, blowing raspberries, standing, Claire, peek a boo, singing, and being around people

She doesn't love being alone or her car seat.

  • She did really well on our drive home from the beach.
  • I don't really know where her first three months went. I blinked. I'm trying really hard to savor every ounce of her!
  • Has started pulling her head up doing a kind of sit-up position
  • She's grabbing onto more things, but still mostly keeps her hands in fists. She still only grabs onto fabrics or my hand, no toys. She's grabbed her paci a few times
  • Since the beach, she's been waking up 3-4 times during the night.
  • She slept in her crib for the first time on 8/9 and in a sleep sack. It was a rough process. By the weekend she was doing better!
  • 8/16 was the first morning in her whole life that I haven't brought her in bed with us.
  • She still kicks a flails like crazy!
  • She has finally started purposefully grabbing things.
  • She rotates around if I put her on her tummy.
  • She learned to blow raspberries and drools a lot!
  • She doesn't have a great poop routine.
  • Started giving an ounce of milk with oatmeal on 8/27.
  • Took a 2 hour nap in her crib ðŸ™Œ
  • Found her feet
  • Got hit in the head with a flashlight thrown by Claire.
  • Follows Claire with her eyes anytime she's around. She just smiles watching her.
  • Has started playing with the toys on her sit me up chair and her play mat.
  • When you give her the paci while she's tired, she takes it immediately, closes her eyes, and turns her face to snuggle with a blanket.

At 4 month appointment:
  • 15.3lbs
  • 25in
  • Meeting milestones and very strong!
  • Didn't sleep well all day after her shots
  • Wearing 3-6 month clothes
  • Size 2 Huggies and 3 baby dry at night

I was talking to a friend about how much it physically hurts me to hear Abigail cry. I just can't do the cry it out method with her just yet (even though I'm so very tired). She said that she felt the same way with her second. Her thought was that we feel that way because you understand just how little your baby is now that we have an older child. We know how fast they grow up, and are more understand of them just being babies! I loved these words of wisdom, and I'm writing them down to remember in case anyone else needs to hear them someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment