Image

Image

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Second Trimester (so far)

These weeks have gone by quickly! Here are some pics and random facts.






5/29/14: 14 weeks. I'M 14 WEEKS PREGNANT!!!  I am having a lot of fun planning a gender reveal party! Some "happenings" this week: Constipation is at an all time high. Misery. I still gag every time I brush my teeth, but not really any other time. There have still been a few nights when I wake up and have to eat a couple of nut thins to help with nausea, but still no throw up. I feel like the baby has done some major growing this week. I've felt a lot of the "round ligament pains". I'm starting to gain some weight now. I think I was around 145 at the appointment when they found the baby. I lost weight after that and have tried to weigh myself periodically. I am now ranging  between 139-141 depending on what time I weigh. I'm starting to get more hungry, so the pounds will probably come on quickly!

6/1/14: ||randoms||
- The dark line connecting my belly button to the "pubic" area is now visible (as of yesterday-14 weeks, 2 days). It's pretty faint but it's there!
- Andrew noticed that my belly button is already getting shallow...big baby or just a big mama?
- We went shopping at local flea markets and found THE BEST stuff! We found something at Fayetteville's Funky Yardsale for nursery decor that I knew I always wanted, and it was $23!!! (Bargain!) We went to Prairie Grove and found an awesome changing table at summit cottage. It's actually a tool/garden table, but Andrew loved the idea of using it for the nursery and I couldn't turn him down! It's solid and in great condition for $140. Then we went to daisies and olives and found the perfect chest of drawers for the nursery. It too is in great condition and is very sturdy and taken care of for $110!!!! I can't believe it!
- I am starting to try and form a budget. It was nice to find a deal on this furniture so that I can maybe get a nice chair! Don't even get me started on how much bedding costs!!

6/2/14: Turns out I really like garlic. I ate 5 or 6 pieces of garlic bread in 2 days. Sorry I'm not sorry.

Also, today was the first day that someone looked at me and knew I was pregnant. Loved it.

6/3/14: My class surprised me with a baby shower! Apparently, some of my sweet and precious mamas got going with this plan as soon as I announced the pregnancy. I know there were several involved, but I do believe Brittney Miller was the ring leader (thank you Brittney)! I sent my children to art for their special class. I used that time to run around the school and get things done. I went into the office and noticed Brittney and Briston doing something. I thought to myself, "that is so sweet for them to surprise me with a present!" And I went on my merry way. When I went to get the kids from art, they weren't in there. I asked the art teacher where they were (she is wonderfully quirky, but a little scattered) and she couldn't remember which room. I just walked around looking for them until a classroom mama finally came and got me! When I walked in, they not only had my kids in there, they had GIFTS and DECORATIONS! It was so wonderful! We got so many necessary things and I love still looking at them and being so thankful for the people that gave them to us and thankful that I get to have someone to use them on!

6/9/14: (15 weeks) Dr. appointment with Seale. Heartrate 145. Did Down syndrome and Spina Bifida blood tests. Dr Seale was not concerned with my lack of weight gain. Went straight to Dawna afterward. Measured 16w 4d (I'm 15w 4d). Confirmed the gender! Baby was head down this time and less wiggly as the time before, but sure has plumped up!
- I have recently been on several medications. I was on an antibiotic for this infection that I got on my face. I woke up and thought I had ringworm! Ran to the doc, and he said it's was just an infection from popping a pimple. Whoops. That antibiotic gave me a yeast infection. During this time, I picked up a sinus infection. I do at the end of every school year. The dust and nastiness I encounter while cleaning my room is unreal. Dr. Seale prescribed some cream and a z-Pack. Cream helped in a few days, sinus infection lasted 10 days total. Worst I've felt the whole pregnancy and it had nothing to do with the baby.

6/19/14: I am 17 weeks today! I still haven't gained any weight. Dr. Seale told me not to complain and worry about this because then I will complain about gaining weight later on. I will listen. I just hope the babe is getting everything necessary! This week the fat is starting to get put on, so I feel like I really need to up my eating game. I love a chunky baby. I turned 26 this week! I am so thankful that birthdays aren't a big deal to me, because life for a pregnant 26 year old only gets so exciting! I got to spend the day practicing with Millie Willard all morning and that was perfect. 😊 I also plan to spend a lot of my summer by a pool. Mmmmhmmm. I THINK I felt some precious flutters last night. Let me tell you, you have NO idea what to expect or what to feel. I'm pretty sure most things I've felt have been gas or just muscle twinges. Last night was a little more of a deliberate flutter. I'll take it. It's hard to go 4 weeks between appointments and try to have faith that the baby is still there when you can't feel it. It was a welcome feeling!

6/23/14: We had a great weekend with friends. Friday, I spent the day by the pool with Les, Heather and Kaitlyn and baby girls. I tried to swim a few laps. I reeeeeaaaally need to get motivated/started exercising! That night, everyone came over for dinner and games. We spent Saturday night celebrating another friends birthday. Around 7-8:00 the past couple of nights I have felt the same little flutters. I'm smiling as I'm typing. I'm still just not very hungry. I'm ready to eat each meal, but not so much "snack" eating. For a few weeks, off and on, I have felt some decent crampage in the pelvic/pubic area. I asked my sister about it and she said as long as it's not an intense pain coming and going at intervals (contractions) try not to worry. That put me at ease because after that, I looked up cramps and round ligament pains and then pains of the pelvis widening. So there's that.

6/25/14: Today at Walmart, I tried to squeeze through a small space between by shopping cart and a shelf. That didn't work so well, but I loved it! I love to know I'm growing! I went to see Dawna today. I know I "think" I've felt the baby move, but I do love that I have a friend I can run to to check on my sweet thing and make sure all is well. It was! Baby was a'movin and a'groovin. We also have a thumb sucker and that's the cutest thing I've seen on the screen! Baby was measuring at 18w 4d and I am 17w 6d. Love our growing babe!

6/25/14: (18 weeks) Some days I'm just in a little bit of pain. I've researched and talked to as many people as possible and I am 90% that the baby is growing and/or my pelvis is widening. I never knew you could still feel a cramping discomfort while pregnant, so it's thrown me for a loop!

6/28/14: For a few minutes tonight, the baby went nuts. I mean-wild child! Flutters from my belly button to my right side! Keep it up, kid! My hips are starting to throb and tingle at night. I've always slept on my side, so I don't think that's the case. I'm wondering if it's my hips spreading or possible  sciatica pain? It's nothing unbearable by any means. Just enough to wake me up to roll over.

6/28-6/30/14: tried to take prenatal in the mornings and that was a no go! Made me feel so sick!

**For the books: significant and consistent kicks between 18 and 19 weeks. Mostly on the right side.**

No comments:

Post a Comment