Image

Image

Monday, September 4, 2017

For Abigail

{Abigail's First Mother's Day was one day shy of her 2 week birthday.}

Oh, my sweet baby. I have held you in my arms for 13 days now. You are the sweetest little lady, but when you get mad- you.get.mad. You know what you want and when you want it and I'm trying my hardest to figure you out! 

I feel like I'm rushing through my days with you. I'm trying to continually tell myself to stop and breathe you in. You smell so good! Your head, your feet and your breath are my favorites (daddy likes your ears). I want to savor every last second with you. I know all too well how quickly this time will go. 

I love holding you, and you love for me to hold you. I can tell we are going to have a special "baby girl" bond. 

When you're happy and content but awake, it's my favorite. Your eyes sparkle and observe the room. I swear you've already smiled on purpose at both your big sister and me. You're so tolerant of Claire. She loves you hard, and you just let her. I hope that you two always have each other. It's so very special to have a big sister as your best friend. 

I pray that you move mountains. I pray that you move them for yourself to accomplish wonderful things and to bring honor and glory for Christ and I pray that you move them for others. It's so important to be compassionate and meet others where they are and use your talents to help them when you can and pray for them when you can't. 

I hope that you know my love for you is big. It's different than the love I have for your sister, but equally life changing. I'm so very thankful for the blessing of you, our Abigail Jean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment