Image

Image

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Encouragement

 I wish that I could say that I used my time of sorrow to dive into a great bible study or book to draw me to closer to the Lord during a really hard time. I wish I could, I feel like I should, but I can't. My mind tends to wander when I sit down and read. It's hard for me to focus on the text rather than daydream about my personal thoughts. I DID however, find solace in Praise and Worship music (and sometimes just contemporary music). When I'm singing along I can't help but think about and listen to what I'm saying. In fact, on my way to EVERY doctors appointment, I listened to two songs: "Oceans" by Hillsong and "Give Me Faith" by Elevation Worship. Powerful. They were my prayer. Sometimes I would smile listening to them. Sometimes I would cry listening to them. But I listened. 

I hope that if you are struggling with something, ANYTHING, that you will find a way to find peace. I am a Christian. I already had peace knowing that God is there for me. He is a constant companion to talk to (even to gripe to). He never gets tired to listening. He really doesn't. I felt closest to him when I was singing at the top of my lungs, or flipping through Pinterest and something so wonderful would pop up as a reminder, or during my daily reading of "Jesus Calling" there might have been a specific day that I would read EXACTLY what I needed to. That was him. He's pretty cool like that. I also have amazing friends and family that genuinely talked to me and prayed for me. People like that are hard to come by! These things are what drew me closer to the Lord during a really hard time. 

Below are the things I had saved to my phone to go back and look at anytime I wanted.

Listening to "Forever" by Kari Jobe 








"It's ok not to be ok. Tears don't mean you're losing." - Madilyn Bailey

"I will lift my eyes to healer of the hurt I hold inside. I will lift my eyes to you!" - Bebo Norman

"And every step every breath you are there
Every tear every cry every prayer
In my hurt at my worst
When my world falls down
Not for a moment will You forsake me
Even in the dark
Even when it's hard
You will never leave me
After all" - Meredith Andrews

"Oh my God, he will not delay! My refuge and strength always! I will not fear, his promise is true. My God will come through, ALWAYS!" - passion worship band"

No comments:

Post a Comment